We are looking for a Sr. Data Architect for a direct hire position located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Sr. Data Architect will build and lead the implementation of an Enterprise Data Architecture. Build effective data standards, data models and a data architecture that is flexible and scalable.
• Lead a team of Data Engineers
• Maintain data needs and to help plan, supervise, provision, and deliver data needs, for all digital product groups which includes AI/ML.
• Design, document, and communicate incremental and target state data architectures.
• Oversee the implementation of improvements to the data architecture.
• Provide feedback and guidance to product developers and product owners.
• Work with the Enterprise Data Architecture team to understand current data architecture and build towards the desired end state data architecture.
• Evaluate, design and promote new data products, processes, technologies and solutions
• A self-driven, highly- motivated technologist who can work with a high degree of autonomy and is able to prioritize effectively.
• Create influence across product teams, delivery, Digital and IT to drive technical efforts.
• Communicate with technical teams, non-technical business leaders, and clients.
• Understand key business/IT strategy and design a modern and effective data enterprise architecture that delivers significant business impact.
• Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in Data/Information Architecture
• 3+ years of Master Data and Data Solutions experience.
• Understanding of data engineering, data management, data integration, analytics, data stores, data quality, security and availability of data, with a cloud-first mindset.
• Experience with one of the following Big data technologies: Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google cloud, Data Lake, or Hadoop.
• Experience providing data solutions design to enable better data within the organization.
• Strong understanding of both structured and unstructured data stores
• Experience with Agile/Lean Startup methodologies
• Ability to translate complex technical concepts to simple business language.
• Proven track record in establishing Global Data / Information Architecture.
• Understanding of information architecture frameworks and information and metadata models, taxonomies, and the challenges of applying structured techniques to unstructured sources.
• Deep understanding of Master Data, Integration, Data Quality and Security.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate the information architecture contribution to business outcomes.
• Ability to influence and manage the expectations of senior business stakeholders, IT management, internal and external partners.
• Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
• Knowledge of information management concepts, data warehousing, data analytics platforms and relational database engines.
• Experience in successfully rolling out MDM and analytics implementations.
• Fluent in continuous delivery, continuous integration.