We are looking for a Sr. Accountant for a direct hire position located in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for serving as a leader in the accounting department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
• All Accountant and Intermediate Accountant responsibilities:
• Responsible for the accounting of complex transactions typically associated with advanced accounting, such as processing financial transactions in foreign currencies and assisting in the preparation of financial reports and analysis for multiple legal entities.
• Effectively applies fundamental accounting concepts; works on complex assignments, with limited oversight; makes recommendations for changes to procedures, and performs varied work, requiring some originality or ingenuity.
• Participates in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial transactions.
• Develops nonstandard reports and statements. Prepares information for use by a higher authority and communicates methodology and areas of concern.
• Understands the flow of information, financial systems, appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot issues.
• Works with both internal and external sources to ensure proper reporting of financial data.
• Seeks out potential areas of improvement (example, workflow, automated processes), by documenting business processes and identifying controls and deficiencies.
• Participates on project teams or leads project teams.
• Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls.
• May have supervisory responsibilities, or review work or train other accountants.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education/experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Microsoft Office experience.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Solid knowledge of accounting principles.
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Anticipation / proactive thinking
• Takes initiative
• Excellent Communication skills
• Customer Focus
• Teamwork orientation
• Organization and planning skills