We are looking for a Micro Focus Visual Cobol Developer for a fully remote, long-term contractual position.
The Cobol Programmer will analyze, develop, test, and implement mainframe computer systems and programs for all internal and external processes in order to maintain day-to-day operations.
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Business and Technical Analysts, Developers, QA and other IT team members to understand business and technical requirements that can drive the analysis, design and creation go quality technical solutions.
• Designing, developing, testing and debugging enterprise software solutions
• Communicating development status and escalating issues to management. Developing documentation and participating in code reviews.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 5 or more years of Cobol experience
• 3 or more years of current/recent Micro Focus Visual Cobol experience
• Experience writing SQL Queries
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
• Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office proficiency
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail