We are looking for a AVP of Information Technology for direct hire position located in Des Moines, IA.
As a member of the senior management team, the AVP of IT enables the successful operations of the IT teams they lead by developing the strategy, programs and structure required for operations of the teams in the areas of communications, team development, organizational tools, and program support to ensure a successful and seamless operation of the IT function.
The AVP of IT plans, directs, and designs activities related to the development, implementation, and integration of organizational information systems, infrastructure, and/or software applications. This can include in-house, commercial off-the-shelf, and external third-party software and systems. Provide direction and support for software solutions that enhance business operations. Work closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support technology solutions for all aspects of the organization
This role requires an individual who can build strong relationships at all levels across the organization. The ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously and are well versed in communications and change management. Demonstrate a deep understanding of technologies, processes, and operating models as well as functional domains at the company and how they work together.
• Support the VP in setting the overall IT strategy and in day-to-day operations.
• Operate at a tactical/strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of technology teams and projects.
• Assist in developing organizational annual technology goals, measure progress, and update stakeholders.
• Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new capabilities throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that technology solutions meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve system issues.
• Provide leadership for employees through effective communications, coaching, training, and development to maximizing employee morale and productivity.
• Drive accountability of deliverables from team members and vendors.
• Drive execution of action items and top company and IT priorities.
• Address organizational issues, support change management and talent strategy.
• Plan, lead and develop capacity across the team.
• Assist in the development and facilitation of an IT communications strategy, including presentations and communications to the organization
• Drive consistent communication across the IT team
• Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Ensure that any new integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Collaborate with project managers, analysts, developers, and other stakeholders in the testing of solutions.
• Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Work with the Program Management Office to provide technical guidance, design ideas, project planning suggestions and issue resolution assistance
• Work with the PMO, analysts, end users, and stakeholders to help gather, understand, and translate business requirements into technical designs and specifications.
• Prepare, establish, and monitor budgets.
• Enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
• Work with Third Party Administrators and other external vendors and consultants to understand, acquire, document, and integrate new capabilities.
• Understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities.
• Ensure that technology projects and investments have a true impact to company.
• 10 or more years of management experience in information systems, information technology, or a related field experience required.
• 3 or more years of experience in roles with similar responsibilities to those listed above with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility.
• Preferred combination of experience in technical functions with management or strategy consulting.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Expert leadership, mentorship, and motivational skills.
• Ability to collect and analyze data from multiple points both from inside and outside the organization
• Ability to work well with a diverse range of stakeholders and executives
• Ability to lead and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
• Comfortable working in time-sensitive and rapidly evolving situations
• Experience managing complex projects in a highly dynamic and growth-driven environment.
• Ability to multitask and understand how to prioritize tasks
• Advanced understanding of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio (or equivalent) to develop executive presentations and documents
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including attention to detail.
• Exceptional judgement and decision-making skills.
• Strategic and flexible approach to business problem solving.
• Experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of data and software solutions.
• Analytic and problem-solving skills, including ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues, products, and innovations.
• Ability to assimilate research and build business cases for technology, operations, and innovation projects
• Experience with data privacy practices, regulations, and laws as they relate to IT.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Good project management skills
• Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to lead meetings